Sunday, December 19, 2004

AMERICA...GET OVER YOUR SELF!

The western media seems to betray an American president as the most powerful person in the world, and the US as the most powerful country in the world. I really don’t think this is the case at all. The country of America might be very prominent in the media and the entertainment sectors, as it is presented to world’s people more often. I think the label of the 'most powerful' is an ego thing. Can this power truly be proven; I don’t think so, not if you wanted wars to be fought. I would logically think that countries such as Japan, china and major countries such as these would give America a run for there money. With populations that these countries have, and there army’s of millions, it makes them truly powerful. Even Queen Elizabeth II, who is the head of state of the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica and other countries, and the head of the commonwealth with 53 members (nations), should not be overlooked for such a title. America might have the power to deliver their messages through to the world more accessibly, but I do not think they have what I would call true absolute power. I mean seriously America, get over your self!

No comments: